- Date: 5/22/16
- Time: 12:00AM
- Location: Bedroom
- Duration: 12:35
- # of Edges (Nearly climaxing and then backing away): 4
- Pass/Fail: PASS!!!
WHOOP THERE IT IS! Not only did I complete the 21-Day Masturbation Challenge, but I finished in style! 12 minutes and 35 seconds, during which my mind rarely drifted from my bodily sensations. Moreover, I discovered a new way of masturbating that creates a much more intense sensation than my typical style*. I am incredibly happy that I participated in this challenge, and I am even happier that it is over. My blue balls need a vacation. Here are my main takeaways from the 21-Day Challenge:
- Masturbation can be a form of meditation! The practice of repeatedly calling attention to penile sensations can increase physical self-exploration, relieve unnecessary mental chatter, and hone one's ability to focus.
- Not all masturbation techniques lead to the same result. Significantly different sensations can arise depending on the location and intensity of the physical contact.
- Porn and mental fantasies are not required to pleasure one's self. In fact, it can even be more pleasurable to focus on the acute sensations occurring within the body.
- Holding in an orgasm is a lot like controlling an emotional response. For example, not that I do this a lot, but when I am not in a situation where it is appropriate to cry and I need to try to hold back my tears, I can effectively prevent myself from crying by locating the sadness in my body (usually in my neck and forehead) and breathing through the pain. This is exactly the same method for postponing ejaculation.
- Learning to control Kegel muscles is the answer to controlling orgasm. I just found this website that corroborates all my discoveries from the past 21 days! Look at the section called "Edging and Reverse Kegels." It's all about isolating and relaxing the muscles that are responsible for contracting and ultimately leading to ejaculation. Unbelievable!
This 21-Day Challenge has completely altered the way that I look at masturbation. When I began, I thought masturbation was an extremely boring, hedonistic activity meant for the sole purpose of reaching orgasm. Through practice, I've retrained myself to stave off orgasm and learned to enjoy the act of masturbating. I'm truly grateful for this practice and I believe that this will ultimately help prolong my sexual intercourse, which could potentially have large implications for my relationships and confidence. I intend to continue experimenting with edging, yet likely will choose to ejaculate every 3-7 days, as opposed to every 21. I could do without the dull, bloated ball pain and the ravenous libido that keeps me up at night.
If you participated in the challenge yourself, I hope you had an equally effective 21 days! Please leave a comment on our forum! If you have been reading along, I appreciate the support and I hope this journey inspires you to explore your sexual prowess.
With a heart full of love,
*To those interested, this new style of masturbation involves creating a ring with my forefinger and thumb and rubbing it slowly up and down the ring of my penis' head where the glans meets the shaft. TMI?